Paros Travel Information
Paros Beaches, Sightseeing, Attractions, Ferry and Flights to Paros Greece
Get to know everything about Paros from its unparalleled beaches and unique archaeological attractions to how you will reach the island.
Paros is a wonderful island with a plethora of options for sightseeing. There are interesting tourist attractions from antiquity and the centuries that followed, as well as places of natural beauty from caverns to verdant natural reserves that will impress you with their marvellous and tranquil environment.
Some of the most extraordinary archaeological, historical as well as natural sites ideal for Paros sightseeing are the following
- the Venetian castle ruins in Naoussa
- the abandoned windmills in Naoussa
- the Mycenaean palace in Naoussa
- the Church of Ekatontapyliani in Parikia
- the ruins of Asclepion in Parikia
- the ancient remains of the Temple of Athena in Parikia
- the sanctuary of Apollo in Parikia
- the Delion in Parikia
- the Frankish Castle in Parikia
Other areas on Paros Island possess extraordinary sites as well, such as the ancient marble quarries in Lefkes, a scenic traditional village in the inland of Paros, the Calpaki cave in Dryos and the butterflies in Psychopiana, for those of you interested in outdoor activities in nature. There is also a plethora of churches and monasteries throughout the island which are nice to discover and admire their beautiful architecture and valuable decoration. Click here to view more about Paros monasteries and churches.
Paros has many stunning beaches along the coastline. Around Naoussa are the stunning beaches of Agii Anagyri, Aliki, Kolymbithres, Laggeri, Megalo Piperi, Mikro Piperi, Platia Ammos and Santa Maria.
Other beautiful Paros Beaches are Agia Irini, Agios Fokas, Ambelas, Chryssi Akti, Krios, Livadia, Logara, Piso Livadi and Pounda. Get yourself a Paros map and discover as many as you can.
Paros is well known for the wide range of water sports activities like windsurfing, kitesurfing, kite boarding, waterskiing and many more provided at its beaches. The beach of Pounta, the well organized beach of Nea Chryssi Akti and Santa Maria are ideal for kite and wind surfing, and a plethora of other kinds of watersports.
Local Cuisine and Festivities in Naoussa Paros
While on Paros Island, visitors should try the local delicacies served at the many tavernas, restaurants and ouzeries, such as locally produced cheeses, chick pea soup, chick pea balls, spinach or squash pie, karavoli (snails and garlic dip), fish soup, rafiolia (little fried myzithra cheese pies) and Paros wine.
The settlement of Naoussa possesses a selection of restaurants, clubs and bars for endless dining and dancing. Naoussa also hosts various festivals such as the fisherman’s festival in the first week of July and the re-enactment of the pirates’ raid called “Koursariki Nychta” on the 23rd of August with much dancing, singing and eating.
Travelling to Paros
Paros is well connected with Athens by ferry and plane as well as to other islands of the Aegean, such as the rest of the Cyclades, the Dodecanese and Crete, making it ideal for island-hopping vacations.
By Plane from Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” to Paros Island Airport:
- International Athens Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”: Tel. +30 210 323-0000
- Olympic Air Athens: Tel. + 30 210 355-0500 or 801 801 01 01
- Paros Airport: Tel. +30 22840 92030
- Olympic Air Paros: Tel. +30 22840 21900 or +30 22840 91257
By high-speed boat or ferry from Piraeus Port and Rafina Port to Paros Port
- Piraeus Port: Tel. +30 210 414-7800
- Hellenic Seaways Piraeus: Tel. +30 210 419-9000
- Rafina Port: Tel. +30 22940 23605 or 22940 22840
- Hellenic Seaways Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 26239
- Sea Jet Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 26623
- Paros Port (Parikia): Tel. +30 22840 21240
- Hellenic Seaways Paros: Tel. +30 22840 22092
- Sea Jet Paros: Tel. +30 22840 24616
Useful Phone Numbers
- Parikia Taxi Station: Tel. +30 22840 21500
- Paros Health Center: +30 22840 22500-3
- Naoussa Rural Clinic: +30 22840 51216
- Naoussa Police Station: + 30 22840 51202
- Paros Tourist Police: Tel. +30 22840 21673